Monday, September 15, 2008

Western Weekends~

Something drove me to the wall during the weekends. Apart fr the neva-ending bakings, I surprised myself by cooking all these for break-fast. The idea juz flowed freely.

On a Saturday, I and eLLy were the only occupants in the house. Whereas my Mak, had gone back to her abode to give it a scrub b4 Syawal comes. But she had gone for break-fast w/ my 1st bro's family to celebrate my SIL's bdae. Im glad tt she didnt have to break-fast alone.

Ard 6ish evening, I cooked for the family these. Elly had zonked out ard 630 while I was bz preparing everything in the kitchen. Elms' will be back fr work ard 8ish or even 9 at nite. So will left me eating all alone!


Toast bread with salad, sausages and french fries, simple aint it?

Elly had the same as me. Look at the lovely red cherry tomatoes. I began to fall in love with them when I was introduced to them not long ago. Not too sour but juz right. Frankly speaking, ME is the only one who ate the cherry tomatoes. Even the eat-everything eLms backed out coz according to him, he only eats the normal round tomatoes. I am not a big fan of tomatoes but I begin to see myself eating and drinking all sourish stuffs this time round of my pregnancy. Great! hahahaha


Pan-fried fillet w/ salad, sausages and fries

When I had my bath, I didnt realise the husband was back home. He was damn early and I had not prepared his sutchii fillet as yet. Lucky me tt he had oredi had some tuna sandwiches b4 he came back. Reason = Liverpool vs Man U

Earlier on tt Saturday, I had thawed the chicken for the nxt day's break-fast. I love massaging my chix.. ngehngehngeh.... Marinated it with love too and wrapped it up and chilled it overnight.


Elly commented why the chicken was in tt position coz she thought it's in the position as the way she sleeps.

My tertonggeng grilled chicken. Perfectly done! ekh masok lift picit sendiri plak... sorry nyekkk... and this was accompanied by...




I will name this Javanese Lasagna. My Mak had the honour to cook up the Beef Bolognaise. And as a true Javanese, she really whacked in a lot of chilli paste. I knew tt she's gonna do tt as what she'll say over and over again... "nanti muak la.. kalau pedas baru best!"


So, move over chilli sauce, chilli flakes and even tabasco.




Not 4getting my fave salad; butterhead lettuce, tuna in extra virgin olive oil, chicken bacon and cherry tomatoes. At the foreground, was my instant mashed potato with my campak² black pepper sauce.

A hearty break-fast meal we had ydae nite till perut mcm nak meletup. And now, what to cook for the coming weekends.......? As Tigger and Pooh & Friends often said... think think think.....

No comments: